Software Project Manager
1. Management: This is a management position – on the technical side. Various teams of software developers headed by Team Leads will be reporting to this position.
2. Client Handling: Client communication, co-ordination and Project requirement analysis and providing cost estimation, proper deployment of resources, managing project completion time for on time deliveries, etc.
3. Multi-tasking: Managing multiple projects in parallel and also some non-project activities like sales support.
4. Delivery: Overall responsibility of delivering the software project(s) as per schedule and within budget(s).
5. Marketing: Help sales by reading & understanding scope of Work in an RFP and prepare cost estimates for various bids & proposals. Marketing Support Activities including solution architecture, Data analysis, developing solution plan, coordinating with internal support teams like Transition/Data connectivity/BCP /Deal Financials /Proposal responses /Client presentations etc.
6. Quality: To ensure that organizational standards of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Performance, and Efficiency are maintained.
7. SDLC: Our Projects involve complete Software Development Life Cycle. All activities including Project Kick-off, Systems Study, Analysis, Freezing Application Specifications, selection of appropriate technology, program coding, testing, user training, User Acceptance Testing, Master Data Creation / Conversion, Go Live, and Software Maintenance, are to be managed by Project Manager. Customer interfacing is an important aspect of this position.
8. Documentation: Creation of all Technical Project Documents, including various user manuals” in relation with CMMI audits, since we are a CMMI 5 company.
9. Scrum/Agile Methodology: Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum/Agile methodology and other best practices for project management is expected.
10. Technology: Hands-on experience on either Microsoft or Open Source technologies required .Net, MVC, PHP, Java, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle, MS-SQL. Further, capability to learn, adapt and use latest tools & technologies, software development platforms, databases, is needed.
11. Team Handling: Team handling, guiding and providing solution to Team Leads, Developers, and other employee reporting to this position.
12. Reviews: Position also involves facilitating solution reviews with internal stakeholders for Delivery / TGP / QA approvals.
Desired Candidate Profile
1. Qualification: Must be having a B.Tech. or MCA degree. Relevant post Graduation is desirable. Certification like PMP, Scrum, ITIL, and SCRUM will be added advantages.
2. Project Management Tool: Hand on with any of Project Management tool like JIRA, REDMINE, PRINCE2, MS Project
3. Experience: Minimum 10 years full time working experience with min 4 years into Project Management role for System Development/Integration, IT Application Development.
4. Last Position Held: Must be serving as a Project Manager, Technical guide and a Leader with hands on knowledge of Microsoft or Open Source technologies.
5. Quality of Experience: Proven experience in managing a team of technology professionals at different hierarchy levels (i.e. Software Developers, Technical Leads, Business Analyst, Solution Architect). Experience of managing multiple projects in parallel.
6. SDLC Experience: Rich experience on managing complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is required and not just an offshore programming project.
7. Business Applications: Must have basic knowledge of either the business processes (like Accounting, Inventory, Sales, Production Planning etc.) or on e-Governance projects of State or Central governments.
8. Customer Facing: Your role is current project(s) must require interaction with end-customers involving software delivery commitments to customers and flag issues appropriately. You must be acting as an interface between Application and Technology.
a. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines for timely deliveries.
b. Work with Senior Management team to define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time.
c. Experience and ability to bring in software engineering life cycle best practices.
d. Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
e. Expected to be capable of sitting down with engineers to constructively review designs and debug live production issues.
f. Communicate cross-functionally, collaborate with Business teams, Product managers, engineers and QA to plan, own and deliver solutions on time.
g. Risk plan and mitigation.