Project Manager (Nicsi)
1. Management: This is a management position – on the technical side. Various teams of software developers headed by Team Leads will be reporting to this position.
2. Client Handling: Client communication, co-ordination and Project requirement analysis and providing cost estimation, proper deployment of resources, managing project completion time for on time deliveries, etc.
3. Multi-tasking: Managing multiple projects in parallel presentation, Solution Drafting
4. Delivery: Overall responsibility of delivering the software project(s) as per schedule
5. Marketing: Help sales by reading & understanding scope of Work in an RFP and prepare cost estimates for various bids & proposals, Coordinating with internal support teams like transition/ data connectivity/ BCP/ deal Financials.
6. Presentation: Can prepare presentation and put the same before customer.
7. Effort Estimation/ Solution Designing: Can do effort estimation as per NICSI empanelment eco-system.Can design solution that could be part of proposal / bid response.
8. NICSI domain experience: Should have worked on and managed web development projects that have been awarded through NICSI empanelment by different government bodies.
9. Preference will be given to NICSI Project
10. Coding and programming: Can help the team in coding and programming as & when required.
11. NIC eco-system awareness: Should be aware of and have experience NIC hosting system and worked on development project which are hosted on NIC environment.
12. SDLC: Our Projects involve complete Software Development Life Cycle. All activities including Project Kick-off, Systems Study, Analysis, Freezing Application Specifications, selection of appropriate technology, program coding, testing, user training, User Acceptance Testing, Master Data Creation / Conversion, Go Live, and Software Maintenance, are to be managed by Project Manager, Customer Interaction, Customer interfacing is an important aspect of this position.
13. Documentation: Creation of all Project Documents, including various user manuals in accordance with Project Development
15. Scrum/Agile Methodology: Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum/Agile methodology and other best practices for project management is expected.
16. Technology: Hands-on experience on either Microsoft or Open Source technologies required .Net, MVC, PHP, Java, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle, MS-SQL. Further, capability to learn, adapt and use latest tools & technologies, software development platforms, databases, is needed.
17. Team Handling: Team handling, guiding and providing solution to Team Leads, Developers, and other employee reporting to this position.
18. Reviews: Position also involves facilitating solution reviews with internal stakeholders for Delivery / TGP / QA approvals.
Desired Candidate Profile
1. Qualification: Must be having a B.E./ B Tech or M.Tech. or MCA degree. Relevant post Graduation is desirable. Certification like PMP, Scrum, ITIL, and SCRUM will be added advantages.
2. Project Management Tool: Hand on with any of Project Management tool like JIRA, REDMINE, PRINCE2, MS Project
3. Experience: Minimum 6 years full time working experience with min 2 years into Project Management role for System Development/Integration, IT Application Development.
4. Quality of Experience: Proven experience in managing a team of technology professionals at different hierarchy levels (i.e. Software Developers, Technical Leads, Business Analyst, Solution Architect). Experience of managing multiple projects in parallel.
5. SDLC Experience: Rich experience on managing complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is required and not just an offshore programming project.
6. Customer Facing: Your role is current project(s) must require interaction with end-customers involving software delivery commitments to customers and flag issues appropriately. You must be acting as an interface between Application and Technology.
7. NICSI domain experience: Should have worked on and managed web development projects that have been awarded through NICSI empanelment by different government bodies.
a. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines for timely deliveries.
b. Work with Senior Management team to define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time.
c. Experience and ability to bring in software engineering life cycle best practices.
d. Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
e. Expected to be capable of sitting down with engineers to constructively review designs and debug live production issues.
f. Communicate cross-functionally, collaborate with Business teams, Product managers, engineers and QA to plan, own and deliver solutions on time.
g. Risk plan and mitigation.