Software Project Manager
Note: – We are Looking for an immediate Joiner
Role & Responsibilities :
- Management:This is a management position – on the technical side. Various teams of software developers headed by Team Leads will be reporting to this position.
- Multi-tasking:Managing multiple projects in parallel and also some non-project activities like sales support.
- Delivery:Overall responsibility of delivering the software project(s) as per schedule and within budget(s).
- Marketing:Help sales by reading & understanding scope of Work in an RFP and prepare cost estimates for various bids & proposals. Marketing Support Activities including solution architecture, Data analysis, developing solution plan, coordinating with internal support teams like Transition/Data connectivity/BCP /Deal Financials /Proposal responses /Client presentations etc.
- Quality:To ensure that organizational standards of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Performance, and Efficiency are maintained.
- SDLC:Our Projects involve complete Software Development Life Cycle. All activities including Project Kick-off, Systems Study, Analysis, Freezing Application Specifications, selection of appropriate technology, program coding, testing, user training, User Acceptance Testing, Master Data Creation / Conversion, Go Live, and Software Maintenance, are to be managed by Project Manager. Customer interfacing is an important aspect of this position.
- Documentation:Creation of all Technical Project Documents, including various user manuals in relation with CMMI audits, since we are a CMMI 5 company.
- Scrum/Agile Methodology:Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum/Agile methodology and other best practices for project management is expected.
- Technology:Hands-on experience on either Microsoft or Open Source technologies required .Net, MVC, PHP, Java, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle, MS-SQL. Further, capability to learn, adapt and use latest tools & technologies, software development platforms, databases, is needed.
- Team Handling:Team handling, guiding and providing solution to Team Leads, Developers, and other employee reporting to this position.
- Reviews:Position also involves facilitating solution reviews with internal stakeholders for Delivery / TGP / QA approvals.
- Client Handling:Client communication, co-ordination and Project requirement analysis and providing cost estimation, proper deployment of resources, managing project completion time for on time deliveries, etc.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Qualification: Must be having a B.Tech. or MCA degree. Relevant post Graduation is desirable. Certification like PMP, Scrum, ITIL, and SCRUM will be added advantages.
- Project Management Tool:Hand on with any of Project Management tool like JIRA, REDMINE, PRINCE2, MS Project
- Experience:Minimum 10 years full time working experience with min 4 years into Project Management role for System Development/Integration, IT Application Development.
- Last Position Held: Must be serving as a Project Manager, Technical guide and a Leader with hands on knowledge of Microsoft or Open Source technologies.
- Quality of Experience:Proven experience in managing a team of technology professionals at different hierarchy levels (i.e. Software Developers, Technical Leads, Business Analyst, Solution Architect). Experience of managing multiple projects in parallel.
- SDLC Experience:Rich experience on managing complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is required and not just an offshore programming project.
- Business Applications: Must have basic knowledge of either the business processes (like Accounting, Inventory, Sales, Production Planning etc.) or on e-Governance projects of State or Central governments.
- Customer Facing:Your role is current project(s) must require interaction with end-customers involving software delivery commitments to customers and flag issues appropriately. You must be acting as an interface between Application and Technology.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines for timely deliveries.
- Work with Senior Management team to define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time.
- Experience and ability to bring in software engineering life cycle best practices.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Expected to be capable of sitting down with engineers to constructively review designs and debug live production issues.
- Communicate cross-functionally, collaborate with Business teams, Product managers, engineers and QA to plan, own and deliver solutions on time.
- Risk plan and mitigation.